Time & Location
About the Event
Lingam is a Sanskrit word that means "sign, symbol or mark". It is a visible symbol that is representative of the Absolute Consciousness Itself. In the Tantric traditions, the lingam is the mark of the Lord Shiva, who is the most powerful of deities.
According to yogic lore, the Shiva-lingam is described as the first form to arise when creation occurs, and also the last form before the dissolution of creation. Shiva-linga is the purely beginning-less and end-less cosmic pillar of light which is originally the cause of all causes.
“The endless sky (that great void which contains the entire universe) is the Linga, the Earth is its base. At the end of time the entire universe and all the Gods finally merge in the Linga itself.” - Skanda Purana
The Lingam Puja (worship, ceremony) is a profound Tantric ritual carried out as a symbol of creation and absolute purity. Centered around the lingam as an abstract symbol of the Supreme, offerings of fruit, flowers, prayers and mantras are made. The puja is most often performed with a statue called a "shiva-lingam", or on a living male, as is practiced by some left-hand tantriks.
While Lingam Puja can be done by anyone at certain times, it is truly one of the most powerful practices that can be shared between two people. This is the most special gift you can give your male partner. Your Beloved will have his body, his energy and his sacred lingam revered in a completely non-sexual way, with no expectation to give or be anything in return.
“The distinctive sign by which one can recognize the nature of something is therefore called lingam.” - Linga Purana
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND BE GUIDED THROUGH:
- how to set up and prepare for a lingam puja
- visualizations and meditations to invoke masculine principal
- mantras, yantra and deities related to lingam puja
- rituals of sanctifying and consummation of the elements
- closing the lingam puja
** This ceremony is open to couples (of any kind)
** LGBTQ+ Friendly
** This particular ceremony will include a clothes-off-optional practice with your partner - for skin-to-skin purposes, no penetration or genital stimulation ;)
Tantra is a system. It is a science. It is not philosophy. It is a way of tuning into and experiencing ourselves and the interconnectedness of all beings and forms. Tantra enhances our sexuality by awakening us to the full potential of our masculine and feminine energies. In order to experience the bliss and unity that sacred sex promises us, we must first prepare our space, our bodies, our minds and our hearts for realization of the Self.
We aim to be as authentic and culturally appropriate in our offerings. When we use the word "authentic", we mean that we do our best to practice and teach as close to original techniques and methods that we are able to, without moving to the extreme end of the esoteric, all while safely testing the edges of our cultural and religious conditioning.
You may experience the following at one of our events:
- shame free acceptance
- sensuality & pleasure
- feelings of connectedness
- freedom from sexual shame
- ritual offering, energetic space clearing, incense
- mantras/chanting & yantra
- breathing (pranayama) exercises
- tantric meditation
- emotional energetic release
- vital sexual energy (qi, prana)
- worship of the [S]elf
- dancing & free movement
- partnered exercises (always optional)
- Tantric massage (full body, yoni & lingam)
Limited space available. Register ASAP to reserve your spot.
Tickets: $35/person, $65/couple +gst
Limited tickets will be available at the door (cash only)
** Consent is always of utmost importance within the sacred space we create. You must ask for consent prior to touching another person. This applies to hand holding, hugging and any other type of body-to-body contact between two or more people.
What to expect:
- Please come with comfortable clothing and a thick blanket and 1 or more pillows. We will be seated and lying down most of the time. An assortment of yoga props will be provided for your support.
- Please ensure you arrive 10 min early as we will be beginning right at 7:00 and will be practicing without break until 10:00.
- Refrain from wearing heavy perfumes or other strong smells and please ensure you are showered, clean and ready to be close to other people.