Tantra for Women: Mindful Masturbation
Time & Location
About the Event
Our sexuality is essential to our wellbeing--as essential as good sleep and nutritious food and friendship.
Sexuality starts with self-love. It revolves around pleasure. It thrives when we know our bodies intimately.
Paying loving attention to your yoni and breasts will increase your vibration. Learning to maximize your self-love practice will spill over into your experiences with lovers. Having a fulfilling sex life will transform the way you walk in the world.
In a circle of supportive women, we will honour and connect to our femininity. We'll bring pleasure into the light and release the shame surrounding it.
With the openness and acceptance of other conscious women, the most beautiful unfolding of the Self begins to take place. Please join us and experience this magic for yourself.
Limited space available. Register ASAP to reserve your spot.
$35 per person
Located at: The Yoga and Meditation Centre in Marda Loop
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A whole new approach to Self-Lovemaking or, as we like to call it, "mindful masturbation"
- A whole new approach to Self pleasuring
- How to encourage your juices to flow when you're not feeling it
- How to Awaken your vital sexual energy with various practices like Hatha Yoga & Qi Gong.
- Pelvic floor relaxation and control
- Breathing techniques to direct pleasure throughout the body
- Creating a ritual space
** This ceremony is open to woman-identified people only
** LGBTQ+ Friendly
Tantra is a system. It is a science. It is not philosophy. It is a way of tuning into and experiencing ourselves and the interconnectedness of all beings and forms. Tantra enhances our sexuality by awakening us to the full potential of our masculine and feminine energies. In order to experience the bliss and unity that sacred sex promises us, we must first prepare our space, our bodies, our minds and our hearts for realization of the Self.
We aim to be authentic and culturally appropriate in our offerings. When we use the word "authentic", we mean that we do our best to practice and teach as close to original techniques and methods that we are able to, without moving to the extreme end of the esoteric, all while questioning and safely testing the edges of our cultural and religious conditioning.
You may experience the following at one of our events:
- shame free acceptance
- sensuality & pleasure
- feelings of connectedness
- freedom from sexual shame
- ritual offering, energetic space clearing, incense
- mantras/chanting & yantra
- breathing (pranayama) exercises
- tantric meditation
- emotional energetic release
- vital sexual energy (qi, prana)
- worship of the [S]elf
- dancing & free movement
- partnered exercises (always optional)
This workshop will be facilitated by Alissa King.
Read Alissa's article about female sexuality and pleasure:
** Consent is always of utmost importance within the sacred space we create. You must ask for consent prior to touching another person. This applies to hand holding, hugging and any other type of body-to-body contact between two or more people.
What to expect:
- Please come with comfortable clothing (wear layers!) and any items you like to keep yourself cozy (blankets, slippers, etc.). We will be seated and lying down most of the time. An assortment of yoga props will be provided for your support.
- Bring an item for our shared altar: choose anything that represents your femininity or sexuality.
- Refrain from wearing heavy perfumes or other strong smells.