Time & Location
About the Event
Yoni is a Sanskrit word that is packed with the potency of a thousand deities. Its meaning goes far beyond the conventional understanding. Some of our favorite translations include deeply meaningful words such as: womb, source, origin, place of birth, descent, seat, abode and seed.
The Yoni is the Source of all of creation. A gateway through which the infinite power becomes all. The cosmic womb from where all forms manifest into existence. The omnipotent universal mother herself.
“Hari, Hara, and Brahma—the gods of creation, maintenance, and destruction—all originate in the yoni.” –Yoni Tantra
The Yoni has served as a divine symbol since ancient times, not only in India, but across many ancient cultures. The Yoni is considered by some tantriks to be the most powerful yantra found in all of nature and, when worshipped and meditated on with reverence, can have powerfully transformative effects.
“The divine yoni is as brilliant as tens of millions of suns and as cool as tens of millions of moons.” –Shiva Samhita
The Yoni Puja (worship, ceremony) is a powerful Tantric ritual, whose origins go far back in time. Within and around the Yoni, as an abstract symbol of the cosmic mother, offerings of fruit, flowers, prayers and mantras are made. The puja can be performed using a statue, image or a yoni in her living form.
“Women are heaven; women are dharma; and women are the highest penance. Women are Buddha; women are the Sangha; and women are the perfection of Wisdom.” –Yoni Tantra
While Yoni Puja can be done by anyone at anytime, it is truly one of the most beautiful practices that can be shared between two people. This is the most special gift you can give your female partner. Your Beloved will have her body, her energy and her sacred yoni revered in a completely non-sexual way, with no expectation to give or be anything in return.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND BE GUIDED THROUGH:
- how to set up and prepare for a yoni puja
- visualizations and meditations to invoke feminine principal
- mantras, yantra and deities related to yoni puja
- secret rituals of sanctifying and consummation of the elements
- closing the yoni puja
Limited space available. Register ASAP to reserve your spot.
Early bird price until February 1st: $55 per couple
After February 1st: $70 per couple
Limited tickets will be available at the door (cash only)
Located at: The Yoga and Meditation Centre in Marda Loop
** This ceremony is open to couples (of any kind)
** LGBTQ+ Friendly
** This particular ceremony will include a clothes-off-optional practice with your partner - for skin-to-skin purposes, no penetration or genital stimulation ;)
Tantra is a system. It is a science. It is not philosophy. It is a way of tuning into and experiencing ourselves and the interconnectedness of all beings and forms. Tantra enhances our sexuality by awakening us to the full potential of our masculine and feminine energies. In order to experience the bliss and unity that sacred sex promises us, we must first prepare our space, our bodies, our minds and our hearts for realization of the Self.
We aim to be as authentic and culturally appropriate in our offerings. When we use the word "authentic", we mean that we do our best to practice and teach as close to original techniques and methods that we are able to, without moving to the extreme end of the esoteric, all while safely testing the edges of our cultural and religious conditioning.
You may experience the following at one of our events:
- shame free acceptance
- sensuality & pleasure
- feelings of connectedness
- freedom from sexual shame
- ritual offering, energetic space clearing, incense
- mantras/chanting & yantra
- breathing (pranayama) exercises
- tantric meditation
- emotional energetic release
- vital sexual energy (qi, prana)
- worship of the [S]elf
- dancing & free movement
- partnered exercises (always optional)
- Tantric massage (full body, yoni & lingam)
** Consent is always of utmost importance within the sacred space we create. You must ask for consent prior to touching another person. This applies to hand holding, hugging and any other type of body-to-body contact between two or more people.
What to expect:
- Please come with comfortable clothing and a thick blanket and 1 or more pillows. We will be seated and lying down most of the time. An assortment of yoga props will be provided for your support.
- Please ensure you arrive 10 min early as we will be beginning right at 7:00 and will be practicing without break until 10:00.
- Refrain from wearing heavy perfumes or other strong smells and please ensure you are showered, clean and ready to be close to other people.